TEP RA TO EXPRESS TO UTTER
Tep Ra is an artistic programme of the Correct Connect Africa Foundation with the sole objective of educating through artistry. Tep Ra is an ancient Egyptian concept which means “to express” or “to utter”. The event holds on the first Friday of every month. Tep Ra features an open mic competition for those in attendance who wish to perform their works of poetry or spoken word for a cash prize.
Nepotism in Africa
Pieces must be written in the English Language
How To Participate
Carefully go through the rules and regulations that guide this competition.
What is Tep Ra?
Tep Ra is an artistic programme of the Correct Connect Africa Foundation with the sole objective of educating through artistry. Tep Ra is an ancient Egyptian concept which means "to express" or "to utter". The event holds on the first Friday of every month. Tep Ra features an open mic competition for those in attendance who wish to perform their works of poetry, storytelling or spoken word for a cash prize.
Who Is Qualified?
Anyone is qualified to participate in Tep Ra. There are no restrictions on participation. We receive submissions from quite literally ANYONE.
How To Participate?
You need to submit an original poem, story or spoken word piece to participate. Carefully follow the instructions below to get started:
- First, you need to write something original. Plagiarism will not be accepted. We will find out if you submit someone else's work.
- All entries should revolve around the given theme of the month and instructions surrounding the theme.
- After writing your piece, you can proceed to fill out the entry form.
- When filling out the entry form, it is best that you manually space out your verses in the content field. Do not just copy and paste your work without properly formatting it.
- After you've filled out the entry form, we advise you to review it one last time before submitting it, to ensure that all fields have been properly filled out.
- Hit the submit button to send in your entry for the Tep Ra!
- You can submit only one entry per month.
- After your entry has been successfully submitted you will be notified by email if your entry has been accepted or not.
- If your entry is accepted it qualifies you for the voting stage.
- Confirmation emails are typically sent within a day or two after submission. Be sure to check your inbox for our emails.
- If your entry is accepted, it will be scheduled for publication on the voting page and you will receive a link to the voting page.
- The voting page will not be accessible until the 15th of every month
- Submissions end on the 13th of every month.
- All accepted entries will be published on the same day. Typically on the 15th of every month.
- Once all the entries are published, the voting page will be opened and voting can begin.
- The highest number of votes wins the cash prize.
Who Are The Judges?
The judges are a selection of knowledgeable individuals in the field of literary art.
How Do I Receive My Prize?
The cash prize is sent by bank transfer to the winner immediately after the judges decide the winner.